Fellowship and Internship Opportunities
- Summer internships: We’re happy to receive applications from law students who are interested in interning at ELC on a volunteer basis, or with funding from their law schools, during the summer. The best time to contact us about summer internships is in the fall.
- Fellowships: The Education Law Center seeks to sponsor applicants for postgraduate legal fellowships to start in the fall of 2015. Applicants should be law students graduating in the spring of 2015 (current 2Ls) or current law clerks and should have a demonstrated commitment to public interest law.
- ELC is a public interest law firm and education advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure that Pennsylvania’s most vulnerable and disadvantaged children have access to quality public schools. We focus on the needs of poor children, children of color, children in the foster care system, children with disabilities, English language learners, children in residential facilities, and others. Our strategies include litigation, legislative and policy advocacy, and community outreach and education.
- Interested candidates should send application materials (cover letter, resume, law school transcript, list of references and writing sample) as soon as possible, but no later than August 1, 2014 to Janice Jackson.
- The Education Law Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, or status with regard to public assistance.
- Undergraduate Development Internships: The Education Law Center seeks development interns for the summer and/or school year to assist in all aspects of nonprofit fundraising. Internships are unpaid. Interns will have the opportunity to conduct donor research, work on a variety of grant proposals, assist with event planning, and take on additional creative projects based on skills and interest. Administrative tasks may include entering data in the donor database, generating donor acknowledgement and appeal letters, and assisting with mailings. Excellent writing and communication skills preferred with database experience a plus. Submit resume with cover letter, noting available days/times and start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.