The Education Law Center’s mission is to ensure access to a quality public education for all children in Pennsylvania. We pursue this mission by advocating on behalf of the most vulnerable students — children living in poverty, children of color, children in the foster care and juvenile justice systems, children with disabilities, English learners, LGBTQ students, and children experiencing homelessness.
The Education Law Center’s objectives:
- Ensure all children in Pennsylvania have access to quality public educational services and to the full range of educational options that are available to their peers.
- Hold officials and policymakers accountable for complying with the laws protecting the educational rights of the most disadvantaged children.
- Keep state laws and state and local policies fair, aimed at ensuring equal access to quality schools, and reducing disproportionality along race and class lines.
- Give families a voice in their children’s education, the tools to resolve problems that their children experience in school, and the information to be advocates for improvements to local and state education policy and law.
- Support community organizations and grassroots advocates in their efforts to improve public education.