ELC has created a series of fillable self-advocacy tools for parents, guardians, Educational Decision-Makers (EDM), surrogate parents, and advocates to address some of the most common barriers students encounter in Pennsylvania. Each tool is free to use. To use each fillable form, click on the link and the form will identify the information you need to add to complete the form.
To learn more about specific education rights identified for each topic area, please see the fact sheet section of our website.
Like all of ELC’s publications, the information and materials provided on each form does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice. The information may not reflect the most up-to-date legal or other information. Rather, all information, content, and materials available on these forms and on our website are for general informational purposes only. Every situation is different. If you have questions about these forms or how the law applies to a particular situation, please see our Contact page for information or call 215-238-6970 (Eastern and Central PA) or 412-258-2120 (Western PA) ― or contact another attorney of your choice.
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Enrollment Complaint Letter
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Sworn Statement by Resident Under § 13-1302
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Family Needs Self-Assessment to Address Attendance Barriers
- Self-Advocacy Tool: School Attendance Barriers and McKinney Vento Screener
- Self-Advocacy Tool: MDJ Screener to Address Truancy Referrals
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Attendance Record Correction
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Determination of Eligibility for a §504 Plan
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Evaluation to Determine Eligibility for Special Education
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Re-Evaluation
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request to Convene an IEP Meeting
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Mediation to Resolve Special Education Disputes
- Request for Due Process to Resolve Special Education Disputes
Multilingual Students and Families
McKinney-Vento Eligible Students (Students Experiencing Homelessness)
Students in Care
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Request for Bullying/Harassment Investigation
- Self-Advocacy Tool: Bullying and Harassment Complaint Form Checklist