Affidavit For Students Living With Adults Who Are Not Their Parents (Sworn Statement Under § 13-1302)

Resource Type:
Focus Area:

Enrolling a child who is not experiencing homelessness or is in foster care: If a child is living with you and you are not with their parent, they have the right to attend school where you live if certain conditions are met. Use this form to determine whether the child living with you is eligible to enroll in the school catchment in which you reside. This form is an affidavit (sworn statement), which means that you are certifying that all information you put on the form is correct. NOTE: You can face legal penalties if you knowingly complete this form using false information to enroll a child into school.

Enrolling a child who is experiencing homelessness or in foster care: If the child is experiencing homelessness or is in foster care, they are eligible for immediate enrollment without submitting any ordinarily required documents or proving residency. If the school is improperly refusing to enroll a child living with you, you can file an enrollment complaint with the Pennsylvania Department of Education here. Learn about enrolling a child into school here, the rights of students experiencing homelessness here, and the rights of students in foster care here.

Download PDF